Friday, July 20, 2007

Amanda: A typical day on Grafton Street

This is just a small taste of what can be found on Grafton Street on any given day...

The Strange:
(left): This clown conducted to a music recording and squeaked his horn on occasion. (right): This guy was extremely into dancing with his doll and in between songs he would even fuss over her by fixing her hair and whatnot.

The interesting:
(right): This guy is an expert at standing like a statue and then finding the perfect time to move and scare the crap out of the closest person walking by. I experienced this firsthand as the first day I walked down Grafton Street, one caught me off guard, but after that time, I was always aware of their presence. Still, these guys are very intriguing and a similar one can usually be found somewhere along the street.

The talented:
I found this gentleman toward the very end of
Grafton beside where you can usually find the woman playing her harp. As you can see, he is a very talented artist.


Below are two videos of some brilliant musicians playing on Grafton Street. The first is of string quintet while the second is of a guitar duo. Both showcasing Dublin's musical talents.





The variety of things to see on one street is amazing and what is even more remarkable is that I came across all these and more on the same day while just trying to shop for some clothes to keep me warm for the rest of my stay in Dublin.

No comments: